startup script suggestion

Subject: startup script suggestion
From: Dick Repasky (rrepasky@indiana.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 06:31:12 MST

Hi,

I've just installed mol on a g4 running linux-ppc 2000, and it is
pretty cool. One hitch is that mortal users cannot run mol until
afer root has run it because I'm relying on dynamic patching of
the running kernel. To get by this I made a configuration script
from the startmol script by copying the script and truncating it
at # Detect common misconfigurations. Then, I invoked the
configuration script from /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

You might want to distribute a configuration script that can be
run during boot up or put a command line flag in startmol that
configures the kernel but does not run mol.

Mol is great!

Dick

Dick Repasky
Unix Workstation Support Group, UITS