quartzgl->opengl->accelerated video? (curious clueless luser)

Samuel Rydh mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:19:38 +0100

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 09:50:11PM -0800, Ben Donley wrote:
> Howdy y'all,
>
> I somehow doubt that I thought of something y'all haven't thought of,
> but I figure I'll ask anyway.
>
> Would it be feasible/valuable to make MOL render via opengl on linux
> (windowed or fullscreen)?  Would there be a way to allow MOSX 10.2 on
> MOL to render plain opengl via some kind of pass through from quartz
> extreme?  That is, would there be a way to get quartzgl graphic
> acceleration for MOL?

I bet it is possible, albeit not simple.

A model without framebuffer accesses at all is very suitable for
MOL. The main problem is documentation. The accelerated video driver
API (and the quartz extreme API in particular) is not available
on the net. Possibly one can obtain the docs if one asks Apple
nicely...

Cheers,

/Samuel