bug in new x11 video code

Ben Stanley mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 01 Jun 2002 18:10:05 +1000

Hi,

I've been using the new x11 video code in mol-0.9.63 for a little while
now, and I've noticed that it occasionally gets a few pixels misplaced
while updating a scan line.

Haven't figured out any reliable way of triggering it yet.

This didn't happen with mol-0.9.60.

I've put some screenshots at

http://www.uow.edu.au/~bds02/snapshot1.png
http://www.uow.edu.au/~bds02/snapshot2.png
http://www.uow.edu.au/~bds02/snapshot3.png
http://www.uow.edu.au/~bds02/snapshot4.png

If I move the window containing the dots the dots move with the window.
Same for scrolling.

The fault sometimes draws white where there should be black, too, but I
didn't manage to capture that in a screenshot.

I'm using linux kernel 2.4.19-pre7-ben0.

On the other hand, the problem I used to have with runaway scrolling has
now disappeared. (My kernel sometimes misses the up key events, and if
this happened while I'm scrolling a window in mol-0.9.60 then it could
take a minute for mol to catch up with all the key events...) This is a
really big plus for me that this behaviour is gone.

Ben.