Mol Freeze (cont.)

Francois Taiani mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 24 May 2002 14:58:15 +0200

Hi everybody,

here I go again on my favourite topic: mol freezes :) (Just a joke.)

Some weeks ago Samuel suggested a bug fix related to Virtual Memory
management that greatly improved mol's stability on my machine. Though,
I still experiment freezes now and then, that don't appear when I use
MacOS outside mol.

I was wondering how I could get more info on the context of these
freezes. I can attach a gdb process to the mol session, but the info I
can get from there seems to be quite thin (mol typically seems to be
deadlocked in some busy wait loop). I've seen a debugger comes along
with mol, but it looks quite obsure to me.

I'd be very grateful for any hint on how I could obtain more insight in
my problem than just say "Mol has just frozen again !".

Thanks in advance

Francois

--
Francois Taiani              LAAS-CNRS (http://www.laas.fr)