macsbug

Ben Stanley mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 31 May 2002 20:51:37 +1000

samuel@ibrium.se wrote:

>The way to debug this, I think, is writing a small program
>to be run inside mol (see for instance src/molelf/performance.S)
>which tests the implementation of the MSR_SE bit.

Well, it's time for me to 'fess up that this is out of my league... I'd
have to spend quite a bit of time figuring out how to do this.

I presume that by "a small program to be run inside mol" you mean a
program that would be run in the place of MacOS 9 under mol, to test
whether you can use certain instructions inside mol and get away with
it.... thing is, I'm not great on ppc assembler.

I'll just have to make sure I don't drop into macsbug until someone else
figures this out or I get some serious spare time (which isn't going to
be for a few months at least).

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Samuel for all his work on
mol. It has really helped me to get my work done. I'm writing my thesis
in LyX on Linux, but the program that generates the data for my thesis
is trapped in MacOS 9. I will eventually port it, but it's gonna be a
big job. In the meantime Linux and mol is a great solution for me.
Thanks again Samuel. If you ever come to Australia I'll shout you a beer.

Ben.