iMac video timings

Matt Brubeck mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:30:14 -0800 (PST)

The original iMac (not the new LCD one) requires unusual video timings
to drive the built-in monitor.  These modes are not in fb.modes on some
distributions (e.g. Debian), which prevents MOL from working in 800x600
and 640x480.

Here are the modes I use on my iMac.  Could this file become part of the
standard MOL distribution?  I've seen some people asking about this on
the MOL mailing lists, but I haven't seen any solution posted before.

Note: The 640x480 mode has some problems on my system -- it will only
work in 8-bit color.  Does anyone know what the problem might be?

# imac-crt.modes - video modes for the iMac CRT monitor

mode "imac-crt-1024x768"
  geometry   1024 768   1024 8176   8
  timings    12734   167 25   28 1   96 3
  hsync high