Using MOL to aid development a PPC OS?

Andrew McCall mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:50:04 +0100

Hi Folks,

I wasn't too sure if I should post to this list, or the general list -
but I decided on this one as the readers will be a bit more technical,
if I am wrong, please let me know and I will move the thread.

I know MOL isn't an emulator as such, but could MOL be used to aid
development of a home-brew PowerMac based OS? Much like BOCHS (as an
real hardware emulator) or VMware is used under ia32 hardware?

I am currently building a development environment and I was thinking of
using my old beige G3-300, Gentoo or YellowDog Linux, gcc 3.3.1 - but I
don't want to be booting every time I need to boot the OS!

I was specifically wondering how MOL would handle OpenFirmware commands
for the OS's boot process (as thats what I am working on right now!).

Thanks,

Andrew McCall.