USB support for MOL ?

Samuel Rydh mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:49:08 +0100

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:10:56AM +0100, Laurent Vivier wrote:
> Is there someone working on an USB driver for MOL ?

No. I have looked into the issue though and it is quite doable.
Unless somebody else implements it (hint), I'll do it eventually.

For classic MacOS, it seems to be necessary to emulate the
host controller (there is no public API for writing drivers
for host controllers). For OSX it is possible to write a
custom driver though.

In any case, the OHCI controller has very nice specs and can
easily be emulated. Besides, due to the low speed of the
bus, the performance impact of the emulation should not be
an issue.

Firewire is a very different beast though. The specs are
no fun at all...

Regards,

/Samuel