Networking with 10.2.4

Lars Weiler mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:32:57 +0100

Hi,

I hope, it's okay, that I use the dev-list.

A little bit to the background:  I had problems with running
10.2.4 inside the actual Gentoo-Version of mol.  So I
installed the newest from the rsync-destination.  Now I can
run OS X again, but there are some problems with networking
using tun-devices.

First, mol has problems loading the network-device-driver.
The first time I started after installing the new version, I
recognized the "MOL-Install"-folder on the desktop and
installed it.  After relaunching mol, the network-device has
been found (but I had troubles with the DHCP -- later more
-- so that I stopped mol).  During the next launch the
driver has been vanished.  After several stopping-and-
restarting-mol-actions I deleted the folder
/System/Library/Extensions/MolEnet.kext/ and installed the
package in "MOL-Install" again.  Then, for the next session,
the network-device has been found!  But a session later it
has been vanished again...  deleting and reinstalling the
.kext will bring it for the next session, and so on, and so
on...

Then, to the other problem.  The line
  IFACES=`netstat -i | sed -e 's/^\(tun[0-9]\)\|.*/\1/g'`
in /etc/mol/tunconfig won't output anything (instead of
blank lines) while the tun-interface is up.  Maybe the
output of netstat -i changed or the regexp of sed...  If you
change the line for testing purposes to
  IFACES=`netstat -i | perl -ne 'print if s/^(tun[0-9]).+/\1/g'`
then the right tun-interface will be chosen and everything
works fine.

Nevertheless, thanks for mol :-)  If you need me for
testing, then ask.

Regards, Lars