Updated mac-side drivers

Ross Vumbaca mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:32:17 +1100

Hi,

Samuel Rydh wrote:

> I've made some changes to the mac-side MOL drivers. Anyone building MOL
> from the BitKeeper repository or the rsync mirror should perform
> a 'make libimport' to get the latest binaries. (An alternative
> is of course to compile the mac-side drivers directly in MacOS/MacOS X.)
>
> I would appreciate some testing of the latest code.
> Some of the changes:
>
> - Rewritten sound driver (doesn't monopolize /dev/dsp)

> MOL in MacOS X mode still does not support ejectable CD or sound. It shouldn't
> take long to implement this though now that the proper infrastructure
> is in place.
>
> Note: Remember to replace the old MOLAudio extension with the new one.

I've tested the latest BK source with the new sound driver, and it is
not working that well compared to the previous version I was using. The
sound becomes fairly jerky after a short while, and it does not work
with some applicatons like WinAmp - the emulator locks up hard. Also,
there is no startboing sound, even if it is enabled.

Regards,

Ross..