0.9.68 and radeon - video issues

Mark Guertin mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:23:28 -0500

Have there been others that are having problems with this video card setup?

I have radeon7500 and quicksilver 733, and here's the status so far for me
with the .68 release:

console video doesnt work at all.  Even molvconfig doesn't show the colored
test screens (altho it accepts them all as working with a Y).  The only thing
I see is the initial fb which asks me which modes to test, any of the tests
result in a blank screen. (really blank, as in no video signal at all and not
just blackness).  This has been for quite a while for me, I reported before
but got zero response.  Using several variations of benh kernels all yield
same results.  Not sure if this is an mol or a kernel problem here.

xdga doesnt work, it detects a whole huge list of modes, all of which say they
don't work when I try them.  I'm running DRI enabled xfree 4.3.0.  With or
without dri setup and or the radeon module loaded I get the exact same
issues.

Stuck running in a slow and smallish window here, but other than that it seems
to be running alright.

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions?

Gerk