Bug report for new MacOS X compilation

Samuel Rydh mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:03:11 +0100

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 09:35:40AM -0500, Sam Bayer wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I've been eagerly awaiting native MacOS X support for MOL, so following
> Samuel's recent success, I pulled down the latest MOL from bk (on 3/18)
> and tried to compile. I'm on a B&W G3 rev 2, 333MHz, running 10.3.3.
> First attempt recapitulates a previously reported bug:
>
> + Entering lxdialog
>     Compiling checklist.o         : ok
>     Compiling menubox.o           : ok
>     Compiling textbox.o           : ok
>     Compiling yesno.o             : ok
>     Compiling inputbox.o          : ok
>     Compiling util.o              : ok
>     Compiling lxdialog.o          : ok
>     Compiling msgbox.o            : ok
> = Building lxdialog               : ok
> + Entering kconfig
>     Compiling zconf-y.o           : cc1: internal compiler error: Bus
> error
>
> Following a recommendation on this list, I commented out
> -traditional-cpp in config/Makefile.osx, and I got a little farther,
> but didn't finish:

You are probably not building from the correct BK tree.

The OSX stuff is in

	bk://mol@mol.bkbits.net/devel

Note: There is a small one-line 10.3 fix I haven't pushed yet
(I want to fix this differently). You have to apply the patch
below (the patch below is hand crafted so you will have
to apply it manually...)

--- mol-old/src/kmod/Darwin/alloc.c
+++ mol-new/src/kmod/Darwin/alloc.c
        if( !phys ) {
                printk("tophys_mol: VA %08lX translates to 0!\n", (ulong)p );
        }
        phys += phys ? (ulong)(p-trunc_page(p)) : 0;
+	phys = phys << 12;
        return phys;

/Samuel