Bug report for new MacOS X compilation

ted bonkenburg mol-devel@lists.maconlinux.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:05:17 -0800

Hi All,

I've been lurking for a while.  I'm very excited to get mol working
under os x and being a programmer am willing to help in any way
possible.  Of course, I'm also extremely new to os x...

Anyway, following the instructions from this thread I managed to get a
Mac OS 9.1 boot cd to boot under mol on os x.  Whoohooo!  :-)

I'll dig around the site and mailing lists, but if you have time can
you answer a question?  Does MOL require a partition for its block
devices or can i specify a file?  That is, I'd like "hda" to be a
virtual disk that is contained within a file.  Preferably this is a
sparse file (does HFS+ support sparse files?).

Also, in the same vein, does MOL support .iso images?

Thanks.  I realize that the os x implementation of mol is not done so I
don't expect much.  If I can be of help in any way please let me know.

ted