Mol on Darwin Bugs

Robin Jastrzebski RebCrush@xs4all.nl
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:18:12 +0100

Greetings all!

I must say I'm most impressed by your efforts to port mol to the Darwin
platform, and I'm looking forward to the stable release! In the
meanwhile, I decided to pull the most recent source from the BK tree
and just try to see how  far it would get. Mol actually booted a linux
kernel (vmlinux-2.4.20-8d, from YDL), but fairly soon in the booting
sequence the mol console gives the following error:

 >> ea_to_phys: no translation for 00000000, using 1-1
 >> panic: segmentation violation at 0
 >> dict=0x1e6611c here=0x1e7f4f4(dict+0x193d8)
pc=0x1e7a820(dict+0x14704)
 >> dstackcnt=0 rstackcnt=11 instruction=1e66634
*** osi user break [1] ***
 >> RTAS instantiated at 00600000

The output from Linux is as follows:

> Welcome to Linux, kernel 2.4.20-8d
>
> linked at			: 0xc0000000
> frame buffer at	: 0x81000000
> klimit			: 0xc030675c
> MSR				: 0x00003030
> HID0				: 0x0010c0ac
> ICTC				: 0x00000000
>
> pmac_init(): exit
> id mach(): done
> MMU:enter
> MMU:hw init
> hash:enter
> hash:find piece
> hash:patch
> hash:done
> MMU:mapin
> MMU:setio
> MMU:exit
> setup_arch: enter
> setup_arch: bootmem

Also, VNC support seems to be broken in OS X... When I try to connect
using VNCViewer it gives a Connection Error, and mol outputs:

vncvideo: vnc_thread starts as pid 1801
vncvideo: Error on socket read -1
Read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable
vncvideo: Closing vnc_sock
vncvideo: Result 0
vncvideo: ------- vnc_thread ends

Using telnet to test the connection I get the same output, and the
following in telnet:

> avenger:/Users/reblet admin$ telnet localhost 5900
> Trying ::1...
> telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> RFB 003.003
> Connection closed by foreign host.

I hope this will help you in making the Darwin port better! :-)

Robin Jastrzebski

--
Obelisk Warrior Reb Crush, Battalion of Fear Sergeant.
Vice-Admiral, Ret.