Linux in mol on MacOS X

Maximilian Mehnert owlmaxm@freenet.de
Sun, 09 May 2004 10:44:36 +0200

Hi, all!

As far as I understood the previous threads, at least compiling mol in
MacOS X is possible now. Ted Bonkenburg even reported successfully
installing  MacOS 9.1 in mol on the mac.
As for me the major reason to sell my P4 machine and to buy a powerbook
would be the possibility to run Linux within mol on the mac I'd be
thankful if those of you who are experimenting on the mac could give a
short summary of what is possible so far.
Most important: Did anyone successfully install a ppc linux
distribution? (If MacOS 9.1 is working, Linux should do it too,
shouldn't it?!)
Either way, my question to Ted Bonenburg or someone else who got MacOS
running: How good is the graphic working (fullscreen, mouse) and what
about network?

I'd be extremely grateful if you could give me some short advice on my
problem.

Regards,

Maximilian