Performance

magnetic mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:25:41 -0400

Hello Marcin

 I have a Pegasos2 g4@1ghz running 10.2. (You have 10.3 is that Panther?)
MOL .70 works very nicely here as well. I am getting the same distorted
sound issues as well. I do notice that in the shell window it says ALSA not
loaded and it tries to load OSS which I dont have installed.. i thought it
had something to do with it. I wish I could rid my Debian install of
OSS....

Also, I cant access my usb devices besides the mouse..

magnetic

On 02/22/2004, you wrote:

> Hell[o]
>
> Some time ago I installed MOL on my machine and I am quite impresed. It
> works quite fast and stable here, nice :)
>
> Anyway I want to ask about any performace tips that I can use to make it
> better and faster. Currently the 2D operations are quite fast but sound
> works bad IMHO, in any CPU consuming app is running the sound is disorted.
> Propably there is something to set in configuration file for sound ? I use
> "alsa" driver, any suggestions ?
>
> I will be gratefull for any tips, currently I use almost default
> configuration (I change Ram to 128 only) and MOL runs MacOSX 10.3.2 on
> Pegasos2 G4 1GHz with Radeon9000Pro && SBAudigy.
>
> Regards
Regards