Hmm...interesting problem

Subject: Hmm...interesting problem
From: Darkshadow (darkshadow2.geo@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 19:01:22 MDT

I found this a little odd. Earlier today, as I tried
to do startmol not as the superuser for the upteenth
time, I decided to use the mol patches and patch the
kernel itself. After doing so (with no errors) I
restarted and typed startmol. Of course worked...but
I didn't get anything on the mol screen. Just a black
screen. But right before that it had been working
perfectly. I didn't change a thing in the kernel
config besides adding the mol patches in. I then
recompiled the kernel without the patches, and mol
started up just fine again, screen showed up and all.
I was just wondering if anyone else had had this
problem? My setup is a G4/450, LinuxPPC 2000, using
the 2.2.15pre14 kernel rsync'd from Paul M.s tree,
with the rage128pro patch applied. Using 0.9.41 mol
rpm, rom image is 3.2.1 (got that one after applying
the Audio Update to my 9.0 system; still works for me
with 9.0.4).

On another note, does anyone know where I can get the
2.0.2 OT stuff? I tried the ones from my OS 8.5 CD
(which were 2.0.1) but they didn't work, I just got
complaints that OT wasn't installed. I would really
like to get mol out to the net. Thanks anyone who can
tell me.

Darkshadow (aka Mike)