Re: fbset 2.1, .49, various stuff

Subject: Re: fbset 2.1, .49, various stuff
From: Samuel Rydh (samuel@ibrium.se)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 11:29:11 MDT

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 08:48:38PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> >+ on GetScrap()/PutScrap(), poll MOL for the X clip (probly not very
> >efficient, IMO)
> >+ on VT switching (or when focus resumes on MOL's X window), force a MacOS
> >Scrap operation.... wich leads me to that question: can we shedule MacOS
> >code to be executed from MOL's context ?
>
> If you have a driver, you sent it an interrupt. That's one reason why I
> would have liked to merge some of our stuffs in a single driver that does
> message passing between MOL code and emulator code. It would be based on
> OSI+interrupt, and handle all the VM problems.

Yes, a driver for all miscellaneous things would
probably be the best thing.

I've been thinking about the VM problem. Perhaps the best
thing is to lookup the virtual address in MOL (by doing
a TLB search) and simply throw an exception if the
PTE is missing. This would greatly simplify things,
and ought to be reasonably fast (I imagine it would
be fast than using PrepareMemoryForIO).

 E-mail <samuel@ibrium.se> WWW: <http://www.ibrium.se>
  Phone/fax: (home) +46 8 4418431, (work) +46 8 7908470