Error Message

Subject: Error Message
From: Nathan Weil (weiln1@mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 19:16:33 MDT

Hi,
    I'm really new to this, so please be kind. I just downloaded the
most recent version of MOL. I'm running a Rev. D iMac, on Quarter 3
LinuxPPC 1999. I'm going to pgrade in a couple of months though.
I installed everything exactly according to the User Guide on the MOL
web page, and it installed fine. I copied my ROM from my Mac partition,
running OS 9. When I try "startmol" I get the following error:
Mac-on-Linux (C) 1997-2000 Samuel Rydh <samuel@ibrium.se>
Uses binaries and modules in /usr/lib/mol
This kernel is NOT runtime patched
Trying to apply MOL runtime patches.
*** Failed applying the MOL-patches to the kernel ***
*** Try 'startmol vmlinux' or 'startmol System.map' ***

I've tried both of these, and nothing seems to work. Any help would be
appreciated. I'm new to Linux, and I figured the best way to learn is
to jump in.

Thanks,
    Nathaniel