2.2.17pre16-ben1 and xmms ?

Subject: 2.2.17pre16-ben1 and xmms ?
From: Christoph Ewering (eweri@cunde.de)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2000 - 05:20:01 MDT

Hello everybody!

I´ve just compiled a kernel from pmac-benh (2.2.17pre16-benh) and with
this I have sound support on the internal speakers on my pismo.
Cause I want to play with ethertap for mol, I ´ve used the source form
pmac-benh (with patch to remove some errors in atyfb.c and pcmac.c or
such) I´ve configured the kernel with make xconfig and the only thing
I´ve changed was to enable ethertap-support.

Now this kernel runs fine, but....
I can not use xmms with my own kernel. I have an error-sound in every
terminal (when I make an error :-), but when I press the play button on
xmms the thing just locks, sometimes it locks the complete screen, so I
have to switch to a vt and kill xmms.
With Bens kernels this problem does not exists. xmms plays good. (but no
volume control at the moment), but Bens-kernel has no ethertap support
and I need to change a flag in ethertap.c for the next release of mol
(.0.9.49)
So whats wrong with my config?
I´ve rsynced with pmac-benh yesterday.(15.08.2000 about 13:00 UTC)

Now some really good news:

SoundJam works fantastic! :-)
I´ve mounted my linux-home with an mp3-file via netatalk to mol, started
SoundJam and play the song over MOLaudio.

--
Dipl. Ing. Christoph Ewering    C & E Informationsdienste GbR
0 52 54 80 68 66 oder 0172 78 50 86 4