Re: Trouble setting up MOL

Subject: Re: Trouble setting up MOL
From: James Platt (james.platt@yale.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 10:44:58 MDT

Ok, now I have tried all that (scroll way down this message to see
suggestions) and it still does not work. I still get a freeze after the
happy Mac face. I also tried unmounting the HFS partition from Linux
which I am using as a startup disk as Martin suggested. I also tried
upgrading to MOL 0.9.49.

I increased the RAM allocation to 64 MB (I have 88 MB physical RAM).
I tried both 1 and 4 for the processor type. The keyboard and mouse are a
little more tricky. I have an Apple Design ADB keyboard which is similar
to the extended keyboard. My mouse is a Mouse Systems 3 button optical
mouse (intended for use with A/UX) which was incompatable with versions of
Linux before LinuxPPC 2000. Maybe that's the problem. I'll see if I can
find a standard mouse for test purposes.