sound

Subject: sound
From: Matthew Sund (mattsund@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 18:13:31 MDT

I have an 8600/300 and I'm trying to compile a kernel
from kernel.org. it's a 2.2.16 kernel and I have
changed the following settings in xconfig:
added all the networking support for mac-on-linux
added the ethertap device

I don't get sound and I get similar messages to what
other users seem to be getting about dmasound.o and
problems with loading sound modules. does anyone know
which lines of code I need to comment/add for my sound
to come up w/out any errors?