How to Enable TCP/IP Networking

Subject: How to Enable TCP/IP Networking
From: Brandon Murakami (murakami@lifshitz.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 22:43:26 MDT

After 6 months of painful effort, I've successfully installed LinuxPPC 2000 and MoL
0.9.49 on a 6400. "Successfully" means I've configured basic things like sound,
networking, daily software, etc.

The only major task left I have is to configure MoL for TCP/IP networking. When MoL
boots up, everything is perfect--sound and even AppleTalk and printing are magically
working without any configuration!

I am confused by the changing versions of MoL and how the changes affect the networking
procedure. For example, Brad Midgley's FAQ refers to editing /etc/molrc to say
"disable_osi_enet: no" when there is no such option in molrc under version 0.9.49. Also,
the startup spews out something about "sheep". I've read other references to configuring
IP Masquerading on the Linux side.

My question is simple: What is the current basic procedure to enable TCP/IP networking
under versions 0.9.49 or 0.9.50? If you're short on time and can't afford to go into
detail, please just briefly outlline the steps or tell me what to RTFM.

Thanks very much in advance,
Brandon