Re: MOL 0.9.49 freezing at "Debugger Installed"

Subject: Re: MOL 0.9.49 freezing at "Debugger Installed"
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 03:47:30 MDT

>I'm running LinuxPPC on a PowerBook G3 1998 with 192Mb RAM. I'm using
>kernel version 2.2.17pre18.
>
>When I try to run MOL, it starts the MacOS fine, the OS9 splash screen
>appears, I get the "Debugger Installed" message, and then nothing
>happens. It just sits there. If I control-C MOL exits correctly. I
>originally tried to use MOL under kernel 2.2.15pre3, and had the exact
>same problem.
>
>Here's the messages I get from 'startmol':

One thing to remember when running MOL in "newworld" mode on an oldworld
machine: It may be wise to re-install MacOS from MOL (by mounting the
MacOS CD from it). The reason is that your original MacOS system may lack
some stuffs specific to the "newworld" environement.

Also, try removing or updating Macsbug. I personally have Macsbug
installed in MOL, it's not a problem unless you trigger it (or it gets
triggered by a real MacOS crash). at this point, it will hang the
emulation. I think it's related to MOL lack of support for some PPC
specific debugging features.

Ben.