Re: Pismo can't apply kernel patches- Rule 7?

Subject: Re: Pismo can't apply kernel patches- Rule 7?
From: Jens Schmalzing (jens@tac.dk)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 02:28:08 MDT

Hi,

Peter Jerde writes:

> Brand new LinuxPPC2000 user on a Firewire Powerbook. Neither with
> the vmlinux_ibook nor with vmlinux-2.2.17pre13-ben1 can I get MOL
> past the point where it starts patching the kernel.

I had no problem running mol on my Pismo, with various flavours of the
2.2.17 kernel. It runs Debian instead of LinuxPPC, but that shouldn't
really matter.

> Any ideas?

AFAICS from their FTP site, LinuxPPC ships with a fairly old version
of mol. Make sure you are using 0.9.50.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je pézqbpbe le djuz tqtaj!