This startup disk will not work on this Macintosh

Subject: This startup disk will not work on this Macintosh
From: Wilhelm Fitzpatrick (rafial@well.com)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 22:28:30 MST

That's the message that appears in a little bomb box when I boot MOL.

The hardware is a PB3400/240, the MacOS version is 8.6 on HFS+
partition. I'm using the 1.6 newworld ROM downloaded from Apple's
website. The Linux kernel is 2.2.18pre21 with MOL extensions applied.
The MOL verions is 0.9.53.

I've trashed and reinstalled the System, Finder, and System Resources
files, making sure I was installing "System Software for Any Macintosh".

Any suggestions?