Re: Mol and yaboot

Subject: Re: Mol and yaboot
From: David Wagner (wagner@math.uh.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 15:12:23 MST

on 12/7/00 3:16 PM, Russell Kerr at russell.kerr@cellular-roaming.com wrote:

> Hi all, has anybody got yaboot and mol working together, with yaboot you
> have to create a separate partition (yada yada) you all know where I am
> going with this!!!

I don't see what the problem is. Yaboot is for starting linux. You start
mol after linux, and typically, X, is running. If you already have a boot
partition for yaboot, and partitions for Mac OS, Linux, etc., then you are
fine. Just install and configure mol, and startmol.

In /etc/molrc you specify which MacOS partitions are readable and/or
writable in mol. You do not need to make your yaboot boot partition
readable or writable in mol. In fact if it is mounted in linux, it cannot
be writable in mol--although it can be readable if for some reason, you want
it to be.

David Wagner