Problems with keyboard on pismo

Subject: Problems with keyboard on pismo
From: Andreas H Meier (anmeier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 17:10:10 MST

I have recently switched my pismo to linuxppc halloween and am running the
most recent stable kernel (2.2.18-pre21, I think).

My problem is that the keycodes seem to be screwed up. I am aware of the
mac_hid stuff and that the new kernel requires the keyboard to send
linux-keycodes, and everything is (almost) fine as long as I work in console
mode.
I noticed, however, that the only way to switch into another virtual
terminal from console mode is by pushing the Apple key. This cycles through
6 terminals and then returns to the original tty. The function keys do no
longer work as they did before and I can therefore not directly login to a
specified tty.

In X, on the other hand, I am no longer able to switch into any of the
virtual terminals, and I have tried pretty much every key combination
possible. None of the function keys do anything meaningful. All I get is
funky characters or tildes. This screws up mol in console mode, because I
can no longer switch back and forth.

I have seen one previous report on the mailing list describing similar
problems, but no solution was posted.

Anybody having an idea what is going on? How can I start trouble shooting
this? I am using X Config files that have been working fine before. I have
installed the recommended xkb files from the X for PPC website. Hope someone
can help me with this.

--
Andreas H Meier
2474 Vivian Circle