mol-0.9.53-2 and Sonnet G3/L2 Upgrades

Subject: mol-0.9.53-2 and Sonnet G3/L2 Upgrades
From: Donnell (donnell@quepasa.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 23:43:36 MST

Hi.

I have a PowerBase 180 with a Sonnet G3/L2 upgrade. I've been experimenting with mol-0.9.53-2 on Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 (2.2.17 kernel). In order for Linux to recognize the G3 upgrade when booting the entire system, I have Sonnet and Powerlogix extensions in the Extensions folder loading first. However, when I try to startup mol, the system hangs when loading the extensions. To get around this, I start mol with extensions disabled. This allows me to move the extensions out of the System Folder. I then restart mol, but the two extensions still attempt to load and ultimately hang the system. The blkdev is defined as -rw, so the extensions are actually being relocated out of the System Folder. What can I do to get beyond this point? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Get to know http://www.quepasa.com
Cool tools, free Internet, new sabor!