Re: MOL without OF

Subject: Re: MOL without OF
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 07:38:24 MST

>Does this work theoretically? During all the time we have tried to get MOL
>working on APUS we never thought about it, until mol.o for 2.4 complained
>about find_path_device being unresolved.

I don't have a firm answer to what MOL does with this function, but some
time ago, Paul and I discussed about what to do with those OF functions
on non-OF machines, and the result of the discussion was that everybody
should have them, the device-tree just beeing empty on machines that
don't support OF (so find_path_device would always return NULL).

ben.