Re: zip drive support (iomega startup icon has red cross in mol)

Subject: Re: zip drive support (iomega startup icon has red cross in mol)
From: Derrik Pates (dpates@andromeda.dsdk12.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 10:17:32 MST

On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Nien-Po Chen wrote:

> I got a question regarding using zip drive in MoL. The iomega drive
> extension icon in the startup (in MoL) parade has a big red cross, which
> indicates it does not see the zip drive. My machine is PowerBook G3 300
> MHz (WallStreet II), VST expansion module zip drive (100 MB). What
> value should I set in /etc/molrc ?

At this point, far as I know, it won't see it. MoL still doesn't support
removable volumes. You can mark your Zip drive's device node as a
filesystem to mount in /etc/molrc, but just keep in mind you won't be able
to remove a Zip disk that's in it until you exit MoL.

Derrik Pates | Sysadmin, Douglas School| _ #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net | District (dsdk12.net) | | | and now OPN too!
   Student @ South Dakota School of Mines | __| |___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ ____
       & Technology (www.sdsmt.edu) |/ _ / -_) ' \ '\/ _ \ ' \ (____)
UNIX: Because you want to USE your computer.|\___,\___|_||_||_\___/_||_|