Re:Hello all

Subject: Re:Hello all
From: Daniel Wolpert (daniel@berlin.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 09:03:00 MST

>First time Linux guy here.. well I am not a Linux guy yet because I can't
>get it to install on my iMac!

Oh Ok. Nice to meet another iMac user :) As a relative newbie myself
I'd use a CD to install it's a lot simpler (say LinuxPPC 2000 or some
other distro..) - plus you need to partition the Mac's Hard drive and
format it to take the new OS.

>I have the disk images saved on the hard
>drive, on the Mac OS partition, and when I run the installation process it
>tells me it can't find the "installation tree" on the drive.. or something
>like that.

I think you may have got the wrong end of the stick as far as this
list goes as it is for a LinuxPPC application called "Mac-on-Linux"
which lets you run MacOS under linux. - Once you get going and you're
all 'installed' you may want to use MOL:)

>Can anyone help me? I hope this isn't a stupid question!

No stupid questions just dumb answers:)

Daniel