Re: test10 boot problems

Subject: Re: test10 boot problems
From: Michel Dänzer (michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch)
Date: Sat Dec 30 2000 - 13:45:14 MST

Roman Zippel wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Any idea what's wrong here?
>
> Without ksymoops output? Nope, sorry. :)

Yeah, alright, alright :)

So it happened: I used ksymoops for the first time. Unbelievable, isn't it?

The panic was in pm2fb_reset, so I found out that the generic PCI support in
pm2fb doesn't work in 2.4 :(

I had to go back to test9 because get_module_symbol isn't even there in the
APUS test10. I made some progress, it now at least tries to load the mol
module, but then it panics:

Kernel panic: kernel access of bad area pc c4877758 lr c4877708 address
C0003930 tsk insmod/199

Which ksymoops translates to:

>>NIP; c4877758 <END_OF_CODE+45ef908/????> <=====

Could this be because mol.o is built for test10? Or how could I debug this?

Anyway, I've now also created a mol-branch in the APUS 2.4 tree. So others can
see if they get the same panic. :)

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project