Re: TCP to linux side

Subject: Re: TCP to linux side
From: Philippe Lelédy (pleledy001@cybercable.fr)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 13:30:32 MST

On my G3 B&W, I followed allmost exactly the method describe in

http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-user/200001/msg00984.html

and I've got immediately TCP connectivity from within MOL to outside world via
LinuxPPC.

The only difference with this paper, is that I don't use ppp on LinuxPPC
because I use a cable modem on eth0 with DHCP but it does not matter, all the
work is done par IP Masquerade whatever be the interface you use.

The drawback is that doing so lost ethertalk connectivity with my other MacOS
box and it's printer.
Because this connectivity is only possible if MOL grant MacOS access to eth0
the true ethernet card, I've to make a choice.
With MOL using eth0, LinuxPPC can do IP (on eth0) and MacOS can do Ethertalk
at the same time, but MacOsS has no IP connectivity.

I've vainly tried using eth0:0, only tap0 works for IP, I don't know the reason
why.