Re: mol-0.9.40 on 603 machine

Subject: Re: mol-0.9.40 on 603 machine
From: Keith Clayton (kclayton@jps.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 07:57:40 MST

It appears that setting module versions is the problem. If I append the
version number to mol_interface symbol (mol_interface_Rb923c717 for me) in
the get_module_symbols call in init.c then the code does return a pointer
to the molif struct. It also gets significantly further before failing
with unresolved symbols for Hash, Hash_mark, handle_mm_fault
next_mmu_context and last_task_used_math.

How should module version numbers be handled in the code. This is an area
I'm not very familar with. I can poke around some of the other module
code (usb, etc) to see how they do it but if someone has a quick answer
for me, that'd be better (smile).

Keith Clayton
kclayton@jps.net