Re: mol-0.9.41

Subject: Re: mol-0.9.41
From: Robert Neugebauer (rneugeba@fitch.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 21:07:43 MST

I just tried the new MOL on my PCI G4 400, Kernel 2.2.14 with Altivec, Mac
OS 9, Mac OS ROM 3.2.1. I started recieving the same error that I reported
a few days ago, and that we fixed. Commenting out the #ifdef
CONFIG_ALTIVEC ... #else ... #endif on lines 255-265 of
kernel_module/init.c fixed the problem as before.

The thing that confuses me is that when MOL was attempting to start, and
before the kernel panic, MOL printed out 'MOL: Non-ALTIVEC kernel
detected, using hardcoded offset'. So I did some testing, By changing the
initial #ifdef CONFIG_ALTIVEC to a #ifndef CONFIG_ALTIVEC allowed MOL to
boot normally. Although there were some odd messages in the output from
startmol and are included at the end of this message. I don't know if they
mean anything.

Was changing that #ifdef to a #ifndef the right thing to do? I am quite
willing to work on this with people.

Bob

----- Odd Error Messages -----
************ WARNING, phandle == 0 ***********