Re: The Future

Subject: Re: The Future
From: Takashi Oe (toe@unlserve.unl.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 16:14:53 MST

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> 1. Sound - an obvious discrepancy, and I'm sure it's been mentioned before.

I and Peter are working independently on this. My code is at the point
where component manager recongnizes it fine but sound manager doesn't
recognize it as a sound-out device for some reasons. Once I get past
this, I hope to finish up the rest in not so distant future.

[...]
> 7. My other devices
>
> I have both an ixMicro TV Tuner card and a Yamaha CD-RW drive. Toast
> is ever so much nicer than any of the Linux CD-Burning software I've
> ever seen - could I use it in MOL? The TV card doesn't work very well
> in Linux - video quality is blocky and blurry. Under MacOS, with the
> ixMicro drivers, the video quality is much better - could I use it in
> MOL?

I've heard that it was possible to use CD-RW drives via SCSI emulation
driver with older version of mol. For the TV tuner card, I don't think
you want to use the card in MacOS/MOL since it would require low interrupt
latency. Using it with newer version (v.0.7x) of bttv on Linux would be
better.

Takashi Oe