MOL things that are busting my butt

Subject: MOL things that are busting my butt
From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael@GeekTimes.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 21:43:55 MST

(1) Why is my volume locked? The device isn't mounted from within LinuxPPC.

(2) Why does MOL sometimes dive into Slow Video mode and what can I
do about it, other than killing it?

(3) Even when I run as root the new resolution doesn't take. I
presume /usr/lib/mol/nvram/nvram.* writable by mol.

(4) Why does the Date & Time control panel think I'm in the Stockholm
time zone? I like Stockholm (especially the Wasa), but I'd like my
time zone to stay in San Francisco.

(5) Does it matter that MOL bitches that it was complied against
2.2.14pre# and I'm running 14?

(6) What are the exact commands I must type to (a) patch the kernel
and (b) give startmol the sticky bit so that any user may run MOL?

--

Michael

-- Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times <mailto:michael@GeekTimes.com> San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/> AOL Instant Messenger ID: "SF Geek"