Re: Experimental 603 release

Subject: Re: Experimental 603 release
From: Christoph Wissing (wissing@mail.desy.de)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 05:01:19 MST

> I've uploaded an experimental MOL version which supposedly supports
> runtime patching on the 603(e). I'd appreciate it if those of you
> with a 603 machine could test it and report to me what happens.

I had a test on my Powerbook 3400. The Kernel is 2.2.13. Unfortunately MOL
does not come up properly:

[root@boedefeld wissing]# startmol
Using MOL library directory /usr/lib/mol
This kernel is NOT runtime patched
Trying to apply MOL runtime patches.
**** Examining '/boot/System.map' ****
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_add' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_sub' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_inc' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_inc_return' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_dec' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_dec_return' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'atomic_dec_and_test' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'adb_request' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'adb_register' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'abort' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'abs' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'add_blkdev_randomness' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'add_timer' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'autoirq_setup' is undefined
Warning - the symbol 'autoirq_report' is undefined
Too many missing symbols! Probably a bad symbol file.
*** Failed applying the MOL-patches to the kernel ***
*** Try 'startmol vmlinux' or 'startmol System.map' ***

If I use a patched kernel, a standard version of MOL runs fine. The
problem with the patched kernel is that it does not support ethernet on my
PB.

Proberbly I will try to compile a kernel with MOL patches and ethernet
support myself. BTW has someone done this allready?

Cheers,

        Christoph