Re: MoL on remote linux box

Subject: Re: MoL on remote linux box
From: Robert Neugebauer (rneugeba@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 15:13:52 MST

I have got this working. I ssh into my home computer from my school, and
have been able to start mol. The problems I initially had, was that the
X-Servers at school didn't like the resolution that I ran mol in a home.
Thus, I had to downgrade from 32-bit colour to 15 and 1152x870 to
1024x768. From your molrc you might also want to change
enable_console_video to no. So that if it can't start under x, it won't
start.

Other than the resolution, and the console_video options, I don't know
what else to suggest. The other problem I noticed, is that there is no
command key in MOL this way. It would be from a standard unix terminal, so
there is no such key.

Could anyone recommend a solution to this.

Bob