Re: Making a kernel [was Re: problem with MOL 0.9.41]

Subject: Re: Making a kernel [was Re: problem with MOL 0.9.41]
From: Kyle Wheeler (memoryhole@mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 21:52:37 MST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:26:43 you wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Robert Fout wrote:
>
> > can I DL the kernel source as a .tar.gz file.. instead of using rsync?
>
> No, but the -z flag in rsync adds compression.

Of course you can - from ftp.us.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2 - get
whatever you like. (the steps to compile, however, will be different)
It's not Paul's kernel, though, and it hasn't been edited for PPC.
BUT, these kernels work - and quite well, I might add (that's where I
got the kernel I'm using right now).

~Kyle Wheeler