Re: Making a kernel [was Re: problem with MOL 0.9.41]

Subject: Re: Making a kernel [was Re: problem with MOL 0.9.41]
From: Kyle Wheeler (memoryhole@mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 22:04:07 MST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:58:46 Robert Fout wrote:
> what kind of differences will I find?
>
> Bob

In the code and how it works? I haven't the foggiest. The standard linux
kernel source tree might not support the latest and greatest Apple
hardware (aka G4s), but other than that, not a whole lot (I'm guessing).
I've never used Paul's kernel.

As for compiling? You have to go through the whole make mrproper, make
xconfig, make dep, make clean, make vmlinux, make modules, make
modules_install routine - you don't do make pmacconfig... Other than
that?

~Kyle Wheeler