Re: new GMAC-driver, unique_ethernet_adresse

Subject: Re: new GMAC-driver, unique_ethernet_adresse
From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt (bh40@calva.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 07:50:00 MDT

>Thanks for your quick answer, Ben!
>
>Why canīt I see the netatalk -Server in mol?
>I can connect to it, but I can not see it.

I noticed MacOS has some problems enabling AppleTalk in MOL in general.
Try switching to "remote only", close the AppleTalk serial port, then re-
open it and switch back to Eth. I think we should change the driver so
that the Eth port is named slightly differently.
The cause of the problem seems to be confusion with the real ethernet
port when switching configs between MOL and the "real" MacOS ethernet

Also, if you have MOL and AppleTalk server on the same machine, then your
problem is probably due to AppleTalk not beeing routed. You can connect
via IP, but you'll need to enable AppleTalk routing to "see" it.

Don't ask me how to setup an atalk router ;)

Ben.