Re: Ongoing Saga-Getting MOL to Work

Subject: Re: Ongoing Saga-Getting MOL to Work
From: JHS (jhergan@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 11:23:10 MDT

on 7/21/00 7:55 AM, Albert W D'Amanda at aldamand@home.com wrote:

> Jeremiah Merkl wrote:
>>

>> Umm...has anyone stated the obvious? In order to apply the runtime
>> patches, you must be root for the first running of MOL that startup. After
>> that, any user can run startmol. If you reboot, you have to run startmol
>> as root once again to apply the runtime patches.
>>
>> -JM
>
>> I am on root 100% of the time !. (In fact, another non related
> problem is that I can not log in as user !)
>
>> BTW someone listed that I have to enabel "mol kernel support" what is
> that, and how do I find the window?
>

> albert

When I was applying the patch to my kernel (for mol) one of the steps was to
make xconfig.
In xconfig there was an option under "null" to enable mol support (which by
default was disabled). So just enable it.
As I said, I did it as part of the kernel patch process, but you may be able
to do it in a simpler manner.
Check the documentation I suggested earlier in the Kenel_Patches folder in
/usr/doc/mol-

Peace
Jeff