MOL Opens with problems

Subject: MOL Opens with problems
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 17:59:13 MDT

I have just finished upgrading ny linuxPPC 2000 kernel from 2.2.15pre3
to 2.2.17pre9

GOOD news:
on the linux side.

 Three button USB Logitech mouseman works, at least R & L click, and my
ADB macally two button mouse also works, R & L click

I can now open MOL and boot up mac 0s8.6 and all my mac stuff.

BAD NEWS.Two known problems so far.

 On the Mac side , my mac RAM is limited to 32MB (288MB ROM is
installed & VM is OFF, always).

 My USB Epson 740 printer is dead. Its icon is in Chooser, but when I
click on it , no listing open up in the select port box (printer port,
modem port USB port). How do I fix?

Q1. How do I increase the RAM on the mac side ? I did read some
literature on this, but it was too long ago!

Q2. Why are the printer ports disabled? How do I fix.?

thanks for your time

albert