MOL Switching Mac TCP/IP Settings

Subject: MOL Switching Mac TCP/IP Settings
From: Albert W D'Amanda (aldamand@home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 06:52:02 MDT

equipment/system
mac 7600 G3 ; 400/1MB OS8.6 ; ethernet -cable modem connection;
linuxPPC 2000/GNOME, kernel 2.2.17pre9
MOL

When I startup MOL from the linux side , the settings of the mac side
TCP/IP panel are switched from Ethernet Manual to Ethernet Slot J9,
resulting in no connection to the internet ( no problem with linux side)

I can not find any method of manually switching the mac side TCP/IP
settings back to original configuration

On the mac side ,I tried putting an alias of the TCP/IP panel in mac
side system Startup folder, but this does not work.

Q1. What is Ethernet Slot J9 ?Doesthis refer to a slot on my 7600
motherboaed?

Q1. And , the obvious; how do I fix this ??

thanks for your time

albert