Re: 2.2.17pre10-ben2 kernel and MOL

Subject: Re: 2.2.17pre10-ben2 kernel and MOL
From: Mike Engelhart (mengelhart@earthtrip.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 09:15:36 MDT

Martin Costabel wrote:

> Your kernel sources are too virgin. As soon as you do any configuring or
> compiling, the symlink asm -> asm-ppc gets created. You can do this by
> hand:
>
> cd /usr/src/linux/include
> ln -s asm-ppc asm
>
> or say "make symlinks" in /usr/src/linux
>
> Probably you should also verify that you have a symlink
> /usr/include/asm -> ../src/linux/include/asm
>
> --
> Martin

Thanks Martin. I did that and was gettin errors saying there was no file
named linux/autoconf.h
So, I redid the symlink in /usr/include/linux to make sure it was pointing
to the write source as well and I'm still getting this error:
/usr/includ/linux/config.h:4: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory

I looked into the source for Ben's kernel and did a find for autoconf.h and
it's not there...

Thanks again,

Mike