MOL 0.9.35 corrupts 9.0.4? Grrr. At least I hear the bong :-|

Subject: MOL 0.9.35 corrupts 9.0.4? Grrr. At least I hear the bong :-|
From: Michael 'Mickey' Sattler (michael@GeekTimes.com)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 20:14:55 MDT

I've upgraded my Bronze PowerBook from 9.0 to 9.0.4 and MOL to 0.9.35.

MOLAudio now works (I hear the bong) but I get a bad address dialog
box at the startup screen. Restarting Mac OS yields a flashing
question mark. Norton (from a boot CD) shows that there's been
corruption of the boot block, etc.

Since others seem to have this combination working I suspect that
it's an extension conflict. I guess the next thing is to use Apple's
Base 9.0.4 settings and ignore any additions (such as RAM Doubler 9,
etc.).

Any suggestions from the readership?

Michael

--
Michael "Mickey" Sattler, Geek Times   <mailto:michael@GeekTimes.com>
San Francisco, California, USA    <http://www.GeekTimes.com/michael/>

The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems. - Mohandas K. Gandhi