MOL and gnome-panel/sawmill

Subject: MOL and gnome-panel/sawmill
From: C. Michael McCallum (mccallum@onsager.cop.uop.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 00:08:08 MDT

Hi, I haven't seen a discussion of this problem, so here goes.

MacOS 9.0.4 w/ ROM 3.8 ("ethernet") and mol-0.47 on a Pismo,
kernel 2.2.15pre14.

MOL runs beautifully for me with this version of MOL, and I have
been using 1024x768 in a virtual console, switching back to X w/o
problem. But, tonite before I closed the MOL window and switched
to the MOL VT, I hit the tabs that closed my gnome-panels, so I could
see all of the MOL window (the Pismo maxes out at 1024x768). I then
VT'd to MOL, played around a bit (I *can* switch to "MOL sound" in the
Sound control panel...), and came back to gnome/sawmill. BUT I could
not re-open (extend, unhide, whatever) the gnome-panel. Not a big fat
deal, but annoying.

When I quit MOL, all my mouse-clicks on the panels were executed, and
I had my gnome-panel drawering back.

Bug? Feature? Comments?

Cheers,

Mike

--
C. Michael McCallum         | Better living through thermodynamics
Associate Professor         |