Re: running MOL while logged in as non-root user?

Subject: Re: running MOL while logged in as non-root user?
From: Bhagwati P Gupta (bpgupta@its.caltech.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 06:52:57 MDT

Hi-
I had similar problem several weeks ago when I first tried mol and could
not find any solution even after posting my message to this list. I
however figured out that using mol inside X (800x600 window) works well
and hence decided to remain content with that. :(
I am not sure if anything is being done towards that....or may be not
too many people face that kind of weird problem. Hope that some
developers will find a solution to this.

Bhagwati

Robert Story wrote:

> I have Kernel 2.2.15pre19 and mol 0.9.47 on a Powerbook (firewire).
> If I log in as root, mol works fine, and I get the full screen on
> console 8. But if I log on as a regular user, and start mol after 'su
> -', things don't work so well. It seems like some of the video goes
> to console 8, some goes to console 7, typing text in console 8 goes
> to X windows in console 7, and other weirdness. I tried setting the
> sticky bit on the startmol script, but that didn't help either. Has
> anyone else run into this? Any solutions?

his